Monday, January 9, 2012

Let the good times roll!

 It's a new year and I am a new women. I got a facebook account and I am starting a blog. It seems so presumptuous writing about my life, like anyone cares, but I figured with family all over the state this was a good way to keep everyone tapped into the madness. Grandma Ruth this is for you!

It's been a good start to 2012. I am tired most days, but alive and well all the same. I spent half of 2011 in bed incubating these amazing babies...
Baby A: Wyatt 6lbs 10 oz
Baby B: Smith 6lbs 7 oz

Beautiful and big, we went all the way to 38 weeks. It was a pregnancy full of 3 hospital stays, one surgery and 18 weeks of bed rest.


You can  see why I am loving moving and running and anything the YMCA has to offer me? Most days I don't even sit down until around 7pm but I don't complain because it just feels good to exhaust my body.



The twins are great babies that love to play together, laugh at each other, bounce, climb on everything, poop, drink milk, and watch their big brothers every move.


They definitely have their own  personalities.                                                           Smith is a big love bug, he is always smiling,   wants to be held constantly and talk or growl all day long. Wyatt is Mr. Independent, is tuff as nails, has a full set of teeth and will laugh at anyone! Which is a good thing if your familiar with Sandusky humor:) I am going to get in trouble for that one.


Please let me now introduce you to the culprit of my sleep walking through half the day.

This is my Walter.

Most people think twins must be so demanding and exhausting but really its the toddler or at least my toddler that causes me to question my sanity. People that have met my Walter know exactly what I am talking about.


The child is full of spunk. Some days I wonder if I am being punished for something. Then I stop and think this kid is actually pretty fun and he makes me laugh all the time. He is two and half but thinks he is five, loves to be outside and help his dad with anything that needs fixing, never plays with one toy more than two minutes, and would be naked all day long if we let him. 
Walter loves to squeeze his babies!

These are the things he will do when left alone in the yard for five minutes. (don't call CPS)


 He loves that the twins are getting bigger, now he has two little people to wrestle with.



It is because of my extremely patient husband Scott that we don't all go crazy in this house of chaos. I actually haven't figured out if he is truly patient or if he is walking around the house with his noise canceling ear phones in. Either way he inspires me to stay calm through the storm.....although he isn't the one with poop under his finger nails and oatmeal in his hair.

We have decided to make the best of  this circus that is our life and laugh when we can and do our best raising these little men.

Family pictures are enough to make me crazy because someone is either, crying, has their eyes closed, is falling over, or not even looking in the right direction.


To both of our amazement we are making this family run, its not pretty most days but we are doing it and loving every second!

This is how most family shots go!
The cute ones in our blog were done by Kim Charie Photography
Its 2012 and were off~






4 comments:

  1. So excited that you have a blog! We miss you guys so much already and hope to see you soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!! What a great blog. The boys, all three of them, have grown so much. We plan to be at the lake most of the summer and hope to see you and your group a lot. Love, Aunt Kit (and Uncle George)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you have joined the world of blogging! Your boys are so adorable! We must get together for a playdate sometime soon. Miss you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have a blog Max! You have a beautiful family, lucky girl you are!

    ReplyDelete