Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Farm




As the boys have gotten bigger I feel like I spend most of my day in the kitchen. I'm cooking then feeding and by the the time I get the place clean its time for a snack.  

This is how I know its time for breakfast.
 


 

Smith always wants to feed himself

Wyatt doesn't seem to care how he gets the food just as long as there is a lot of it. 


  I could just walk around all day picking up or wiping up scary stuff that I cant even make out. The twins constantly are eating things that I did not give them. Leftover waffle from breakfast that was stuck to their brothers PJ's or things that most would consider dangerous that Walter has given them. The shag carpet has turned out to be a terrible idea. They can find things in there that look about a week old. Lets be honest, they eat half their meals in the high chairs and graze on the other half off the floor.



At first I thought it was bad, so dirty. but I do mop almost daily (OK that's a lie, maybe every other day)  I let them have their daily picnic off the hardwoods. Besides its like a scavenger hunt to them, they find it exciting and then I get a few minutes to drink some coffee. Walter on the other hand just wants to drink milk all day long. He goes through about a gallon a week by himself.

In my next house (which we call that the farm because we have decided or I have decided we need to raise these children on small farm. I don't want any animals right away, I already have four! Down the road we will take in uncle Eric's goat) So at the farm I want a enormous kitchen and I want to love every square inch because I think as these boys continue to grow I might not ever leave it. As it is now trips to Costco are becoming a part time gig. If the twins are anything like Walter I will need lots of activities at my finger tips. I'm thinking a lot of land is the answer.




Just being outside is fun for him


If I don't have activities this is what happens...


They wrestle and pummel each other. Thankfully those babies are tuff little dudes and they love their big bro!



We decided to take a trip to see Grandma Margaret and Papa Mike in Chattaroy Washington. They sold their home and are staying with their wonderful friends Jim and Debby on their Horse Farm. Walter and I came out a couple months back a rode Abby, a Tennessee Walker, and Walter has been talking about her ever since.

There she is!

Walter went looking for her as soon as we arrived.
   
Walter got to feed her dinner with Papa Mike


This is Dan.
  
He had to brush Dan and get him ready for the big ride.


He definitely knows how to say giddy up Abby!
Move over Woody this here is a real cowboy
 




The babies liked to watch from the sidelines with their snacks.


The next day it began to snow so we took a walk with the horses through the pasture.
Walter considers himself quite the cowboy.







We had so much fun with Grandma Margaret!


 Any place that you need a John Deer to take out the garbage is right up our alley!


Walter became really good friends with Jim. They went on tractor rides and Walter could not get enough of the Jim's new razor. 



 


He went on so many rides he fell asleep on the razor.

We had an amazing time at the Nelson farm! Thank you Jim and Debbie, we love you!

Also a big We love you to Grandma Margaret and Papa Mike!

































No comments:

Post a Comment